The issue tracking feature of TruQC enables our clients in any industry to resolve issues consistently and efficiently across facilities, assets and jobs. As an integrated part of the TruQC iPad app and Web App, issue tracking makes it simple for an inspector to flag issues while reporting — and simple for admin users to track, monitor and resolve issues in real time.
Here’s how TruQC helps organizations track issues from report to resolution:
- Identify issues in the field.
- Schedule necessary NDTs and maintenance.
- Submit report —with corresponding issues— for approval.
- Review report.
- Track issue to resolution.
- Analyze data and establish trends.
Report and flag issues from the field
Step 1: Identify issues in the field
Issue tracking allows an inspector to mark issues directly on an associated blueprint, isometric drawing or photo, including information such as where it is, its severity and any other notes or pictures — all while completing the report.
- Attach photos to show exactly how the problem appeared the day it was flagged.
- All information denoted within issue tracking automatically populates within the overall report.
- Standardized data collected for every issue, every facility, every time.
Step 2: Schedule necessary NDTs and maintenance
For each issue flagged, the inspector can schedule the necessary non-destructive testing (NDT) and maintenance required, which will be denoted within the inspection report. He can then break each test or maintenance item into its own report — so it can be sent to the right department and tracked separately.
- Schedule maintenance from the field.
- Configure list of NDT and maintenance options to your organization’s needs.
- Easily track progress of maintenance and NDT items with distinct reports for each action item.
Step 3: Submit report —with corresponding issues— for approval
The inspector can submit the report —and associated issues— for review from the field. TruQC syncs all data automatically with a signal by submitting the report complete with time, date and GPS stamps.
- Issue status automatically defaults to ‘Open,’ allowing those with permission to track as it’s being resolved.
- Inspection data and issue information presented in an easy-to-understand format for review.
- After report has been completed on the iPad app, information is accessible from any internet-connected device on the Web App.
Review reports, track issues and analyze data from anywhere
Step 4: Review report
Immediately after a report has been submitted from the field, it is accessible on the TruQC Web App from any internet-connected device. The engineer examines the report and issue data in an easy-to-read PDF format, and can add review notes of their own. This allows them to evaluate and make changes to photos, severity level, issue items, as well as any recommended maintenance and NDT.
- All reports and issues accessible in the File Cabinet by anyone with the permissions to do so.
- View photos of issue, and reference location in blueprint or isometric drawing.
- Filter to specific issues within report to show all associated information and recommended actions.
Step 5: Track issue to resolution
With corrective actions broken off into their own reports, the engineer can monitor each maintenance or NDT item’s completion and approve each individual report. As actions are taken to resolve the problem, they can change the status of the issue from ‘Open’ to ‘In Review’ to ‘Reviewed.’
- Track the progress of corrective action items individually.
- Easily update the status of issues as they get closer to being resolved.
- Look at all issues as they’re being resolved, sorting by status, severity or any custom metric.
Step 6: Analyze data and establish trends
Because all issue data is collected objectively and consistently, your organization can use the information to establish trends or analyze issues for all inspections, projects or facilities. The data being measured is customized to your workflows, including any custom metrics you require for your business.
- Use combined data sets to establish trends or run a pivot table.
- Input data into your organization’s database (i.e., SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.).
- Learn from trends — updating strategy and mitigating risk throughout your operations.
See issue tracking in action
Issue tracking —and the entire integrated TruQC app— is designed to work at organizations of any size, in any industry. We’ve configured our app to work for small contractors and large global enterprises alike, with all current clients achieving significant ROI — as high as 390% in time and cost savings, according to an independent ROI study.
To see how a leading oil & gas company used TruQC’s issue tracking feature to update strategy and mitigate risk through their organization’s operations, download our guide to tracking issues with TruQC.